Stephen Adams proposed at: 5/31/2011 7:36:02 PM
Sarah Russell accepted at: 5/31/2011 7:36:34 PM
Time difference: 32000 milliseconds (32 total seconds)
Story of proposal:
*For the nerds out there, this code is in SVN, the data is actually stored in a MySQL database, and it is backed up daily.
- Bought SarahRussellWillYouMarryMe.com and SarahRussellSaidYes.com
- Created test Facebook account
- Created Facebook app
- SarahRussellWillYouMarryMe.com contained a simple "YES" button (no "NO" option)
- Only Sarah Russell will see the "YES" button.
- When Sarah clicks "YES", the date of the proposal (when page first loaded) and the date of the acceptance (when "YES") clicked is logged to a database
- Both websites (only after "YES" is clicked) will now show the date/time of proposal, acceptance, and time between each.
- A Facebook status update was sent to her Facebook profile letting everyone know AND giving everyone links to these pages
- In order to catch her completely offguard, I minified the URL for her, and sent it to her as a text message disguised as such: "Hey, check out this hilarious Pug video. http://bit.ly/jvldfo Doesn’t he look like Dewey?"
- After she clicked "YES" (and only after she did so!) will I actually drop down on one knee and give her the ring.